Frequently Asked QuestionsHelpful hints for using our directories
Do I need to register for a Running Favorites account?
You are free to browse all the content on Running Favorites without creating an account. However, creating an account will allow you to post reviews throughout the site, add listings, and claim your own listing.
How do I register?
Click on the Sign In > Register link in the top main menu or in the footer of any page of RunningFavorites.com. Select your username, enter your email address, select your password, complete the reCaptcha field, and click the “Register” button. You will then be prompted to Log In to RunningFavorites.com and directed to a page where you can further modify your profile if desired.
Is there a fee to be listed on Running Favorites?
No. All healthcare providers, running groups, coaches, running stores, shoes & gear, and races can be listed on Running Favorites free of charge assuming they are properly licensed (where applicable) and have established they provide real value to the running community. There is a fee associated with claiming your listing. More info on claiming your listing and the benefits involved are outlined below.
What benefits come with claiming my listing?
If you are the owner of a listing, (i.e. the listing is about you, your business, group, or race), you have the option to claim (or own) your listing free of charge for seven days, for $10/month, or $30/year. Claiming a race listing is free for seven days, $7/month, $12/six-months, and $20/year. Claiming your listing turns your listing into a dynamic and interactive mini-website for your business.
To claim your listing, make sure you’re logged in and then simply click on the “Claim Listing” icon in the top right area of the listing. (See the FAQ on this topic for more information.) You will then be prompted to complete a form to help us verify you are authorized to claim the listing.
Claiming your listing provides you with a number of benefits:
- You have the ability to update your listing and photos at any time, giving you complete control over how your listing appears.
- Your listing is locked so that you are the only person who can update it (via the Directory Dashboard).
- Your listing becomes “verified” adding additional trust and credibility.
- Receive instant email alerts when anyone posts a review or adds photos to your listing.
- Add and manage “official” photos on the frontpage of your listing (via the Directory Dashboard).
- You have the option, for $15/month, to have your listing featured on the top page.
- Collect leads through the Contact Us form on the listing page, allowing people to contact you electronically through your listing on RunningFavorites.com.
How can I claim my listing?
If a listing is about your or your business, you are invited to claim your listing. The benefits of claiming your listing are outlined in the previous FAQ. To claim your listing, complete the following quick steps:
- Register for an account on RunningFavorites.com here.
- Log in to RunningFavorites.com when prompted.
- Navigate to your listing in either the Healthcare Providers Directory, Running Groups/Coaches/Stores Directory or Race Calendar. An easy way to find your listing is to type your first or last name into the search box and click on the search icon. Click on your listing.
- Once you’ve clicked on your listing, scroll down and click on the yellow box that says “Claim this listing.”
- On the form that appears, type a few identifying details into the comment box. This step is just to ensure that only authorized people are allowed to claim a listing. Select which plan you would like, either the seven-day free trial, the 30-day basic listing, the six-month basic listing, or the one-year basic listing. Complete any payment information if applicable and submit the form.
- You will receive a notification email once your claim has been approved.
- Once approved, you will be able to see a link to your listing on the Directory Dashboard page of RunningFavorites.com as long as you are logged in. From the Directory Dashboard you have the ability to edit your listing, add photos, renew your claim, purchase order add-ons (the ability to have your listing featured at the top of results for 30 days), and view all of your orders.
- If you have further questions about how to claim your listing, feel free to complete our Contact form.
How does the Directory Dashboard work?
The Directory Dashboard is the place where you can view your Listings (that you have claimed), your Leads (messages people have sent you through the Contact Us tab of your listing), your Orders (if you have claimed your listing or purchased the option to have your listing featured), and your Bookmarks.
For most users, the bookmarks feature of Directory Dashboard will be most useful. As you are browsing listings, you are able to bookmark the listings you want to remember and come back to. For example, if I’m looking for massage therapists in my area, I might bookmark several by clicking the “Bookmark” icon on each individual listing. When I’m finished browsing, all of my bookmarked listings will appear in the Bookmarks tab of the Directory Dashboard page.
What is a featured listing?
People, businesses, and groups listed in the RunningFavorites.com directories have the option for $15/month to have their listing featured. Featured listings are shaded in yellow and appear in the top of results of their respective directory.
How do I post reviews?
To post a review, simply navigate to the listing of the person, group, or product you would like to review. Click on the green “Write a Review” button that is located within the Reviews tab. Simply complete the review form and click “Submit.”
Please note, when you give the listing a star rating, you are able to do 1/2 stars, i.e 4 1/2 stars rather than just 4 or 5.
If you are not logged into Running Favorites, you will be prompted to register or log in before you are able to complete your review.
How can I add listings to Running Favorites?
If there is a healthcare provider, running group, coach, product, or race that has helped you be a healthier or happier runner and they are not listed in our directories, you are able to add them to Running Favorites. Please do!
First, make sure you are logged into Running Favorites. Next, simply click on one of the following links: Add Healthcare Provider, Add Running Group/ Coach/Store, Add Shoes or Gear, or Add Race. Once you click on the applicable link, a form will appear which you can populate with as much information as you like.
Please note, after you add the address for the listing, you must click on the “Find location on map” button directly below the address field, or the form will not save correctly.
Please make sure to select what category of listing you are adding from the drop-down menu, i.e. chiropractor, physical therapist, running group, shoe brand, race distance, etc.
Once you have submitted the form, your listing will be live on the directory once it has been approved. Once the listing is live, runners have the ability to review your listing.
Thank you for contributing to Running Favorites!
How do I associate a thumbnail picture with my profile?
If you like, you can set up a profile picture, or Gravatar, that will be displayed next to your reviews and which you will see whenever you are logged into Running Favorites.
A Gravatar is a Globally Recognized Avatar, or an image that represents you online. You upload it and create your profile just once, and then when you participate in any Gravatar-enabled site, your Gravatar image will automatically follow you there.
To set up your own Gravatar, go to http://en.gravatar.com. On the top right header of that page, click on the “Sign In” link. From that page, click on the “Need an Account?” link. Follow the steps to set up your own Gravatar image that will be associated with the email address you used to register for your Gravatar account. Please note, if you want the Gravatar to be associated with your Running Favorites account, you need to use the same email address to set up your Gravatar as you used to register for Running Favorites. Keep in mind that your profile picture may follow you to other websites where you are registered with that same email address.
Once you’ve registered your Gravatar, it will be automatically associated with your Running Favorites profile.