From Hydro Flask: Cold up to 24 hours. Hot up to 12 hours.
It all started on a sweltering day at the beach in Hawaii in 2008.
That day, Hydro Flask’s founder had an epiphany that forever changed the water bottle market: Instead of a bland, sweaty, sand-encrusted container of unrefreshing, lukewarm water, the world needed to quench its thirst with a reusable bottle that offered safe drinking and high performance in an attractive design. The result was the first Hydro Flask, incorporating double-wall vacuum insulation, BPA-free materials, food grade stainless steel, a range of fun, durable colors and a charitable arm called 5% Back. And with great quality comes great commitment, so Hydro Flask created its lifetime warranty to stand behind its products.
Available in 18-64 oz. sizes in a variety of pretty colors. Optional straw and flip-top lids are also available for purchase.
I first heard about Hydro Flask water bottles in July during a hot track workout. The water in my standard plastic water bottle soon tasted like bath water and was hard to stomach. Two friends told me that water in Hydro Flask water bottles stays cold for hours even on a hot summer day. Months later, I read reviews of the Hydro Flask, and I was intrigued. One reviewer said he left the water bottle in his hot car for hours and came back to still hear ice clinking in it. Another reviewer said she loved the water bottle so much she would buy it even if it cost $500. The reviews had me sold. I purchased the 40 oz. Hydro Flask with the optional straw lid (the hardest part was picking the color), and I love it. A few points:
- My water really does stay ice cold for hours. I can get my water bottle ready the night before a run or workout, and it’s still ice cold the next day. Amazing! I love being out the door for a workout a little faster in the wee hours of the morning when I’m all bleary-eyed.
- I love the 40 oz. size. Before, if I would be away from home for more than a 2-3 hours, I would have to bring two water bottles with me. No more! 40 oz. is plenty of water to keep me hydrated for hours.
- Even though the 40 oz. is a big water bottle, it’s narrow enough to fit in the cup holders of my car and my husband’s, a great feature.
- This water bottle does not sweat. That means I can leave it on my wooden desk without worrying it will create rings, ruining the surface.
- I love the optional straw lid so I don’t have to tip the bottle back every time I want a drink. It makes it much easier to drink on-the-go without spilling and to drink water safely while driving. The straw lid also has a handy notch on it so I can flip it up and down without having to touch the drinking surface, keeping it a little more free of germs. The straw lid also provides really good water flow.
- With my old plastic water bottle with straw lid, the water would gradually warm up, and when I flipped open the straw lid, water would come spilling out, creating a mess all over me, my car, or wherever I was. Because the water stays cold in my Hydro Flask bottle, I’ve never had the problem of flipping open the top and having water surge out.
While the water bottle is a little pricey (I paid $33.29 for mine on Amazon and another $9-10 for the straw lid), you really do get what you pay for. With a lifetime warranty, I plan on using this thing forever. I can’t wait to take it around in my car and to the track this summer.